Thank you to everyone at the Vintage last night. Blimey, what a night!
We always look forward to going to Wellington - they jump around from start to finish and certainly work as hard as the band. With Christmas looming, would the place be emptier as everyone goes to their Christmas parties? Course not! The REOFFENDERS are in town!
From the first chord, they were dancing but highlights were:
- Should I Stay or Should I go
- We stopped halfway. They didn't. The whole pub singing the chorus. Well it would've been rude not to join back in with them!
- Seasons in the Sun
- The whole audience bending knees joining our silly dance. Waynes World stylee head bobbing at the front and cossack style "Oi!" from the left with every knee bend. I had to shut my eyes after a while cos they were making me laugh so much
- 99 Red Balloons
- The world went nuts when the balloons came out! It was an inflatable induced frenzy! Awesome!
- John climbed on the table to serranade his man of choice, not expecting to be bodily picked up and tipped upside down. They then licked tongues to enjoy a loud "eeeewwwwwww" from band and audience alike.
- Without any help, they were singing away to Goldblade - a song that a year ago I doubt anyone in the Vintage had ever heard. The power of a great song, or as John Robb would say, the power of Rock n Roll
- Paul's Skirt!
- Indesit arrived on stage sporting a Santa Hat, red fur trimmed knee length skirt (which went lovely with his big scary black boots" and Dame Edna style red sunglasses! Them legs are a sight for sore eyes, I must say! A lovely lady from the audience invaded the stage on a mission to see under his skirt, disappointed to find long football shorts.
The gig was great from start to finish, arguably our best gig of 2008. We were on form and so were the audience. I've said it before but we get so much energy from the audience. We're pretty energetic as a band generally but when you get fed that extra energy, its so much easier. If I ever lose faith in what we do, a quick trip to The Vintage would restore belief pretty damn quick.
Cheers again to Dave for running such a great venue. Can't wait for the next one ;-)
p.s. If anyone has any videos from the night, please get in touch with us